My book: GET IT WHILE YOU CAN
I wrote a book. It is called Get It While You Can and it is available now. It is a celebration of the weirdness of music and an unearthing of all the miracles of the world that are often too subtle to talk about.
You can get it the following ways:
- Visit an independent bookstores such as Powell's in Portland, Elliott Bay in Seattle, Paper Hound in Vancouver. If you don't see it in your favorite bookstore, ask them if they'll carry it. That wouldn't be so crazy!
- Order online directly from the publisher at www.perfectdaypublishing.com
- Order online at www.powells.com
PRESS FOR GET IT WHILE YOU CAN
- Book Notes for Largehearted Boy (2.27.15)
- Interview with Eleven Magazine (2.13.15)
- Interview on Inessa Podcast (2.10.15)
- Interview on Rendered Podcast (2.9.15)
- Willamette Week review (1.28.15)
- Radio interview on OPB's Think Out Loud (1.27.15)
- Article in Vancouver B.C.'s Georgia Straight (1.16.15)
RECENT DANCE COMPOSITIONS
I was the composer and musical director for the Satellite Ensemble as we presented two new contemporary dances at Brooklyn Academy of Music on May 16th and 17th, 2014. The program was reviewed in the New York Times:
"[The} pure, pungent, earthy music for strings, piano, and percussion... were the most physically bracing part of the night."
The music is available to stream or download at the Satellite Ensemble Bandcamp page.