My book: GET IT WHILE YOU CAN
I wrote a book. It is called Get It While You Can and it is available now. It is a celebration of the weirdness of music and an unearthing of all the miracles of the world that are often too subtle to talk about.
You can get it the following ways:
- Visit an independent bookstores such as Powell's in Portland, Elliott Bay in Seattle, Paper Hound in Vancouver. If you don't see it in your favorite bookstore, ask them if they'll carry it.
- Order online directly from the publisher at www.perfectdaypublishing.com
- Order online at www.powells.com
PRESS FOR GET IT WHILE YOU CAN
- Interview with Eleven Magazine (2.13.15)
- Interview on Inessa Podcast (2.10.15)
- Interview on Rendered Podcast
- Willamette Week review (1.28.15)
- Radio interview on OPB's Think Out Loud (1.27.15)
- Article in Vancouver B.C.'s Georgia Straight (1.16.15)
My one-man show: THE HOLE IN THE COFFIN
The Hole in the Coffin is a 50-minute story told through words and music by me, Nick Jaina, about a strange experience I had in New Orleans of going to the funeral of my hero and ending up inside the coffin with a gun and a bible. I try to unravel the information I am given, reconnect with my former love, and piece together the perfect love song.
Upcoming Performances of The Hole in the Coffin
Capital Fringe Festival
TWO NEW CONTEMPORARY DANCES
I presented two new contemporary dances at Brooklyn Academy of Music on May 16th and 17th. The program was reviewed in the New York Times:
"[The} pure, pungent, earthy music for strings, piano, and percussion... were the most physically bracing part of the night."
The music is available to stream or download at the Satellite Ensemble Bandcamp page.